Stella Cadente's Quick & Easy Mustard-Lime Fish Fillet Recipe
There’s been some evidence that eating fish can help you keep a sharp eye while aging and lead to a more clever baby when consumed during pregnancy. And a Mediterranean-style diet rich in olive oil and fish is just as heart healthy as the low fat diet that's long been recommended by the American Heart Association.
In the recipe below, our friends at the Stella Cadente Olive Oil Company in beautiful Mendocino, California have provided us with a smart way to enjoy olive oil and a favorite, sustainably harvested fish in a scrumptious dish that takes just three easy steps.
Our friend David is a very talented cartoonist whose skillful cooking we’ve had the pleasure of savoring at the lovely home in Brooklyn Heights he shares with his wife Ginny. The last time we went out to dinner with them David remarked, “Use great olive oil and you can cook anything.” We didn’t take “anything” too literally, but it got us thinking about all the dishes that were raised to a new level when a superb olive oil was used.
Stella Cadente's L'Autunno Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the world's great artisanal oils, rated the #1 California olive oil by Slowfood Editore Italia, and a Gold Medalist at the L.A. International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition in 2007. It's also our favorite. Our friend in Brooklyn makes a good point. If you want to take the entrees, appetizers and salad dressings you serve to new heights, “Use great olive oil.” It really does make a difference.
Ingredients for 4 Servings
• 2 Pounds fresh boneless, skinless fish fillets, such as wild Alaska black cod
• 1/2 Cup Mendocino Mustard or sweet-hot mustard
• 3 Cups panko bread crumbs
• 4 Tablespoons L'Autunno Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to garnish)
1. Check fish for small bones (remove before cooking). Coat the fillets in Mendocino Mustard and then bread in panko crumbs to coat each piece of fish.
2. Heat L'Autunno oil in a non-stick pan over medium high heat until shimmering. Pan sear each fillet, turning once until crust is browned and fish is just cooked through to the flake stage.
3. Drizzle filet with Persian Lime oil and serve.
To purchase the premium oils from Stella Cadente called for in this recipe go to:
To view all the recipes on the American Feast web site just scroll down after you go to: American Feast's Recipe Collection
To follow American Feast on Facebook go to: American Feast on Facebook
To follow American Feast's Founder on Twitter go to: Jeff Deasy on Twitter
For information related to the purchase of advertising space and editorial coverage on the American Feast web site, email Jeff Deasy at firstname.lastname@example.org