Mexicali Chicken Recipe from Denise Szarek
We love to cook from scratch as much as anyone, but on nights when time is of the essence it’s nice to include some prime, pre-made ingredients such as a good chutney, or in this case a very high quality fruit salsa. The salsa and the recipe come from Denise and Bernie of Szarek Farms in upstate New York, the founders of Old Goat Foods.
Szarek Farms is a great example of the old maxim, "necessity is the mother of invention." A small greenhouse grower in Central New York, the husband and wife team of Denise and Bernie Szarek grows tomatoes, peppers, fruits and herbs. They do not use pesticides on their farm.
Here's what The Nibble had to say about their delicious salsas, "Like sweet fruit salsa? Like adorable pygmy goats? Here’s the salsa for you. The line has four mascots: pygmy goat triplets and their canine “brother.” Together, they dish out nice, sweet-and-spicy salsas."
Your desired level of spiciness is made easy, as Denise and Bernie’s premium salsa comes in three degrees of heat: Hot, Medium and Sweet.
Ingredient for 4 Servings
• 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
• ½ Cup chopped green onions (scallions)
• 1 Cup your favorite Old Goat Salsa
• 1 Cup fat free shredded cheddar
1. Coat chicken breast in bread crumbs, place in 8in square glass baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
2. Top with Old Goat Salsa, chopped green onions and shredded cheddar cheese, bake another 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Enjoy with rice!
If you’d like to purchase some delicious Old Goat Salsa from Szarek Farms go to:
To view all the recipes on the American Feast web site just scroll down after you go to: American Feast's Recipe Collection
To follow American Feast on Facebook go to: American Feast on Facebook
To follow American Feast's Founder on Twitter go to: Jeff Deasy on Twitter
For information related to the purchase of advertising space and editorial coverage on the American Feast web site, email Jeff Deasy at email@example.com