Apple Butter Cookies
Maine's 'Pastor Chuck' provides this recipe for healthful and delicious snacking.
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup Pastor Chucks Organic Apple Butter
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2 tablespoon milk
* 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
* 1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Beat in eggs, oats and apple butter.
4. Combine dry ingredients.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture along with the milk.
6. Beat until blended.
7. Stir in nuts and raisins.
8. Chill well for one hour.
9. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
If you'd like to try some amazing organic apple butter go to: Pastor Chucks Organic Apple Butter
If you'd like to read about Pastor Chuck & how he got his business started go to: Pastor Chuck